Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A little about myself




We are on the bus headed towards the airport and it struck me that I should introduce myself.
My name is Adam Dalton I'm 29 years old and I'm on of the graduate teaching assistants with the Band department. This is my third year at Alabama and Im currently working on my doctorate in wind conducting. I'm originally from a small little town in Virginia called Martinsville. If you know anything about racing you may know we have a NASCAR racetrack and thats about it. I went to high school with about 500 people which is why I was so fortunate to have gone to Italy as part of a school trip.

I came to Alabama by way of Atlanta. GA where I taught high school and elementary school band for 4 years. I started at UA in 2009 getting my masters in music education and after I graduated thought I'd stick around and get another degree. I figured I want to get my doctorate someday so I might as well while Im used to being a poor college student.

Like I said in my previous post I am very excited to be going back to Italy older and supposedly wiser and be able to appreciate everything a little more. The art and architecture will mean a lot more this time around and I have a little more knowledge about their historical relevance. I'm also super excited about the food!!! Homemade pasta and authentic pizza!!! I can't wait and the gelato from there is some of the best ice cream I've ever tasted.

We're just outside of Birmingham right now so we've got a couple hours until we get there. Flight group A is the largest with close to 60 people so we have two busses getting us there. Plenty of room for our massive suit cases (it's hard to pack for 10 days in one bag!) For now I'm going to settle into my seat and think about what I want to do first when we get there! I'll try to post some pictures from the airport later. Ciao!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to let us enjoy the trip as well.

    I know other parents and frients are thankful as well!

    ReplyDelete